Sound Measurement and Analysis training
Held for organizations and individuals
An intensive focusing on theory and practice of sound signal measurements and system tuning.
We are ready to come anywhere, where the group will be assembled and technical support prepared.
The training is structured in such a way as to give each participant all the necessary basic knowledge.
Instead of a small number of recipes and instructions that are suitable only for specific situations, you will learn to understand and singly analyze the measurements.
• what is a sound
• mathematical description of the waves
• phase, amplitude, frequency
• complex notation of oscillations and why you may need it
• complex addition
• Fourier transform and sampling
• window size and frequency step
• result: objective signal requirements
• frequency and time domain
• RTA, benefits of real-time work
• Multi time window
• Log time window
• transfer function, dual channel measurement setup
• calibration files and directivity
• coherence, measurement loudness selection
• Nyquist diagram
• magnitude response
• phase response
• group delay
• phase delay
• impulse and step response
• measurement settings
• source selection
• signal aligning
• select transform
• time averaging: FIFO and LPF
• window functions
• storing and loading the results
• signals additions
• noises, using M-Noise™
• ELC and target trace
We'll discuss measurements' setup, microphones placements, tablet using.
We will make experiments with analysis:
• aligning audio system
• learning quite methodology
• analysing stored data
• find the interference and reflectionns
• take a look at the reasons of bad coherence
• make cardio and end-fire subwoofer setups
• make calibration files
• figure out reasons for the average and difference in different types
• find max SPL of the speaker
• define the difference between different reference signal connection
• and others
Classes are held in small groups of up to 10 people - in order to be able to devote time to each participant.
Cost from $2000, depending on the number of listeners and conditions. Considering the wishes, we can concentrate on a specific topic or work out any specific setup.
Leave a request for the course — email@example.com! We will tell you all the details.
Prices are not a public offer